|Friends of Necedah National Wildlife Refuge
N11385 Headquarters Rd., Necedah WI 54646
- Necedah National Wildlife Refuge is on Facebook. Check them out!
- We are also on Facebook. Be a friend. Check out our photo album! Take part in our
discussions! See our bookstore!
Visitor Center. Call 608-565-4412 for additional information or check the 2013 Calendar.
- The Photo Club meets on Saturday at 9 am in the
The Friends of the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge Mission Statement:
- To support and enhance the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge and the surrounding area.
- To educate the public about the Fish and Wildlife Service's role in wildlife habitat protection.
- To foster public use and enjoyment of the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge.
We achieve our mission by giving our time, funds and spirit to many activities - habitat restoration, funding for
seasonal employees, and community outreach are just some of the things we do to support this refuge.
Getting Here . . .
Located in central Wisconsin, Necedah National Wildlife Refuge is 180 miles southeast of Minneapolis, Minnesota, and 150 miles northwest
of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The refuge lies north of Highway 21 and west of Highway 80, with all but a few acres in Juneau County.
To reach the main entrance and office complex, travel 15 miles east on Highway 21 from Interstate 94 at Tomah, Wisconsin; or about three
miles west on Highway 21 from Necedah, Wisconsin. Turn north onto Headquarters Road and travel about two miles to the headquarters.
- We're in need of volunteers for a variety of activities at the refuge. Please
go to the GET INVOLVED page for your chance to volunteer for 2013.
Home page to the Friends of Necedah National Wildlife Refuge offering visitors an opportunity to view
whooping cranes, sandhill cranes, Karner blue butterflies, red-headed woodpeckers, wolves, swans,
migratory wildfowl, songbirds and black bear. You will learn about our volunteer organization and the
many ways you can get involved with us.
Friends of Necedah National Wildlife Refuge